Saturday, March 3, 2012

Celestial Birth...Heaven on Earth


The kids (now all adults!!) will remember the family slogan we had about 15-20 years ago that we used to set some goals one year. As I thought about this just in the past few weeks, it seemed appropriate to once again encourage gospel discussion with the family. Given the geographic separation of the family this seems like a more practical way for us to "get together" and share thoughts, insights, and lessons we have learned about the daily application of the gospel of Jesus Christ in our personal lives and in our families.

Each of us enjoyed a Celestial birth. One of our goals is to create a heaven on Earth, through a loving family and a gospel centered home. I plan to post questions, thoughts, quotes, and positive messages and create a discussion with the family. To begin, maybe we can share a memory anyone has of coming up with this slogan. Looking forward to lots of sharing!


5 comments:

  1. You forgot "be good!" :)
    This is great!

    Whoops...I'm still new to this and didn't mean to post then delete...anyway---I don't remember a whole lot of details of when we came up with this, but I definitely remember doing it and that we wanted it to rhyme and that for some reason we just had to put "be good" on the bottom. And we printed it out with a cool cloud/sky/sun background (with the words coming out of the clouds with the sun behind them, or something like that...I remember liking it) and that we put it up in the house and I would see it often. That was good....and it think probably reminded me to be good and to remember the Gospel and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool Anna, I have similar memories but forgot about the "be good". Thanks for helping me remember. I think this is a great idea of Dad's and hope everyone contributes. BTW, anyone know how to get the picture of the DC temple smaller? We've been working on it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually didn't remember the slogan (sorry!) until Anna mentioned the cloud/sky/sun background and then I totally remembered it! This is a great idea, Dad. I remember back to all the awesome Family Home Evenings we had (and still have when we get together) when we were all older and the discussions were so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had also forgotten about the "be good" tag on the end. I know that was an important addition. It is great for us to think about our Heavenly roots, about what it was like and what we envision either our Heaven on Earth to be, or the literal Heaven in the life after this to be. Remembering that righteous living - being aware of our thoughts, words, and actions - will help us to prepare in every way to make these visions a reality is essential. And that is how we can "be good."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just edit the HTML to get the picture smaller. It doesn't look like I have permissions to do that.

    ReplyDelete